• In the Spotlight:

my 16 month old has Mint green watery stool.....The diaper doesn't absorb it and is runs every where.. Whats wrong?

She isn't running a fever... she does have runny nose. And I am using pampers so its not the diapers.. It just pours out when I change it.

emturner

Asked by emturner at 11:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has she had a lot of fruits or fruit juice? Try giving her some beans or something with lots of fiber. Get her some pedialyte so she doesn't get dehydrated. How long has this been going on? It it's more that 48 hours, take her to the doctor. Also if she starts showing signs of dehydration take her to the doctor right away. Google "dehydration" for the signs. Also, put petroleum jelly on her bottom to help prevent diaper rash. Good luck and I hope she gets to feeling better!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It sounds like a very mucous heavy diarrhea. If she has many of them call your Dr. Diarrhea can dehydrate infants quickly. In the mean time encourage fluids often
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Give her lots of pedilyte - as much as she wants. Keep a layer of good diaper cream or vaseline on her butt to protect the skin. Call her doctor. It may be nothing but a rotten cold but it's best to be safe.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Alos, is she on anti-biotics? That caused the worst case of diahrea my son has EVER had! I try to avoid anti-biotics as much as possible!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'd put a call in to the pediatrician. In the mean time, keep her hydrated, give her foods from the brat diet (bananas, rice, apple, toast), and use aquafor at diaper changes to create a nice moisture barrier and avoid diaper rash.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Is she cutting teeth?? My son did this when he was cutting his molars. Just try to keep her hydrated.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008