Stupid Question Maybe, But Seriously, What Would Happen If Nobody Voted At All In This Election?

And if a few did, what if it wasn't enough. Would that be a revolution against our Government? Then what? Does anybody feel like our Country is getting divided more and more and more, a division of morals and rights. Does anybody think that our nation is getting close to a war against Religion old style with no middle ground and Liberalism/Rights,and religion that suits those beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I have seen some pretty heated debates in this election over rights and religion and our Government is getting bigger and bigger and bigger. There is so much diversity in this nation is there too much diversity are we becoming diluted?
    Anonymous

• Bush would remain our president for ever and ever **evil laugh**
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Do you think he would order us to vote? That's not even possible it is our right to vote and impossible for a President to serve more than 2 terms isn't it?
    Anonymous

• Yes, I was just kidding.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It's not IMPOSSIBLE for a president to serve 2 of his own terms and half of another's (10 years total) before taking a break, but then after another term under somebody else he could be elected again. It's against the law now after that one president had 4 terms, 16 years running.
    What would be considered "enough" votes? If even one person voted, if that was all there was, wouldn't they consider it enough? Each guy will get at least one vote, his own. There is a law somewhere that you have to vote, I think it is in Australia. They would probably pass it here too.
    Anonymous

• That wouldn't happen. If it did happen.....BUSH can't serve again, but Cheney can. So, we'd probably have him as a President.
    Anonymous

• You know thats the REAL question in all of this isnt it OP?

I wish I had a sensible answer to give you.......

chicka:)
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'm ready to write my own name on the ballot and vote for me :-)
    I like me!
    Let's all do that - vote for ourselves! God that would be so funny - Take that, electoral college!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 12:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Just write in Bugs Bunny for prez, with Mickey Mouse for vice prez.
    Anonymous

• To anonymous 10:28am: Well with the electoral college I think they have to get a certain number to win. It is just so frustrating, I mean our government is frustrating. Sometimes I think we should impeach everybody and start over have a huge election and base it on past votes these members of congress have done and no new blue sky, maybe just allow anybody who is running one and only one commercial to state what they plan to do if reelected, that way no money gets wasted on campaigns and we can base and our new government on the history of what these politicians have done. That would make them all accountable for their actions.
    Anonymous