Have you ever sold items to Once Upon A Child?

I have a few bins of nice baby clothing, most never been worn, and name brand that I'd like to sell to Once Upon a Child and just wanted to see if anyone else has done that and if it's worth it or how much they give you.

Shaynamills

Asked by Shaynamills at 12:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have taken a lot of clothes there. they usually give you store credit, which is fine with me, because I turn around and buy next seasons clothes with it.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I sold some to Children's Orchard - it's the same type place. They were quite picky about what they took. They looked everything over under super-bright lights and rejected anything with any stains. They gave me more in store credit than they would have in cash but that's fine - she keeps growing and I keep needing to buy her more clothes.

I assume Once Upon A Child has similar guidelines. I looked at it this way - I could sell some stuff to them or I could give it all away. While the tax deduction is nice, the money in hand to buy more clothes was nicer.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have at one time or another, but they did not want to give me wht the stuff was worth.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I had a horrible experience there. I took in a bag of clothes, they told me to come back in an hour. All of the clothes had been worn once or twice, and some still had the tags on. I shop at Nordstroms, Sax, boutiques, etc. for my daughters clothes. When I came back, the B***ch hadn't even gone through the bag yet, so told me to come back in another 2 hours. I tried calling them before I drove all the way back over there and no answer. I went back, she still hadn't gone thru them.
    Anonymous

• con't. Went and shopped around for awhile, came back and she threw me an attitude and said they didn't want anything in the bag. There was probably over a thousand dollars worth of designer clothes in the bag. I didn't care for the $, I just wanted to bring the clothes somewhere that someone would purchase and take care of the clothes like I did. I ended up bringing them to Social Services and dropping them off for the foster kids. They deserve the clothes more anyways...
    Anonymous

• Oh, let me correct myself... She was interested in one hat that was purchased at Limited Too for $40.00 that was on the top of the bag. Worn once... She wanted to give me $0.15. HA! Yeah right... DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME!
    Anonymous

• Depends.. is something better than nothing to you? Is a little cash better than sentimental value or taking space in your garage? I believe it's personal circumstance and preference. I actually just donate everything but that's because I just don't have the patience or take the time to find anywhere that might want them and I usually just want the stuff gone. Easier for me to set them out and let someone come and get em. Try it without expectations and you'll have nothing to lose.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2008