How bad is heavy lifting in the 9th month?

Hi! So I have 3 weeks left before I'm due and we're getting ready to move back into our house. I had alot of baby things at my mom's (where I've been staying) that I had to move to my grandmother's before we get moved. Noone was here to help me so I did it myself...then wondered how bad it could be. It wasn't anything lik 50lbs or anything, but some was heavy enough to strain my back some. What are the risks involved in that?

KennsWifey

Asked by KennsWifey at 12:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WELL, I GUESS YOU ARE ALRIGHT AND UNLESS I READ THIS POST WRONG, YOU HAVE ALREADY MOVED THE STUFF. I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT OFCOURSE BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU ALREADY MOVED IT? I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE ALRIGHT, AND I THINK THAT IS MAINLY FOR THE FIRST TRIMESTER TO PREVENT MISCARRIAGE .
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Sometimes heavy lifting when ur that far along can cause your placenta to seperate witch can cause you to bleed. My sister went grocery shopping and was lifting all the bags to her apt she was at the end of her pregnancy well that night her placenta seperated and she started bleeding. So try not to lift heavy things.
    Anonymous

• It can be REALLY bad, there was one girl that was 9 months along and did the same thing thinking nothing of it... she had only a few days b4 her c-section and the baby's cord wrapped around it's next b/c o the lifting and she had a stillborn. Not trying to scare you but there is a reason why you shouldn't be lifting.....
    Anonymous

• i was told not to lift anything over 15 lbs.in the 8 and 9th months
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 9:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008