Was it right for me to snap at my friend?

Yesterday was just an awful day. For starters, my three-year old caused a big scene in public because she didn't want to leave the zoo. Not a good time at all. Then I was supposed to meet up with my friend so I can give her some baby clothes for her baby due in January, which I'm happy about, but ever since she got pregnant she's been acting like a spoiled princess and a whiney baby. Well yesterday my husband had a dentist appointment at the VA hospital that was an hour away, and I thought I might have to go pick him up. I tell her she can still come by and pick up the clothes I just won't be there, and she just bitches about how she didn't want to drive all the way to my place because her ankles were swollen. So, given that I was already in a bad mood, I just snapped her and told her that if getting FREE BABY CLOTHES is too much of a hassel then I'll mail it. She didn't like that very much. Anyway, was I being a b?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Eh, you were having a yucky day and she was being a butt head. It happens. I snap at my friend too sometimes. I just apologize later if I feel it's warranted.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope, you weren't. Swollen ankles are just an excuse to get out of doing something.

Mine were bigger than my thighs after DD was born but I still go up and drove 10 mins to the hospital every 2.5 hours to feed her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well..lol. I'm pregnant & I can tell you, I act like a whiny baby sometimes.. I blame the hormones. =).. But if someone were giving me free baby stuff I would have no problem going to pick them up. She really can't expect you to wait on her hand and foot just because her feet are a little swollen. I am about 27 weeks or so & I still clean the house, do the laundry, cook some dinners, bathe my two small daughters, go to work..etc. She really just needs to quit being so dang lazy..but some prego girls just can't hack it! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I know! I told her, well I was on bedrest for the LAST MONTH of my last pregnancy and driving across country through the snow and ice with my first pregnancy so she shouldn't be complainining about her swollen ankles. She's just being a diva about the whole thing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Honestly, you were nicer than I would have been! I darn sure would not have offered to mail them! I would have said, well they are there, when you feel like it you can come get them. IF you don't want them, I am sure someone else would appreciate them.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You were having one of those days. She should have offered to come another day altogether. I would apologize for snapping and let her know that there are only so many hrs in a day.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would have told her that swollen ankles is nothing to be so prissy about and fine I'll donate the clothes to a domestic violence shelter
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no you were not being too bi_chy about it - you were having a bad day - from the start - i would not have offered to mail them - i'm wondering how far your friend would have had to drive - i remember swollen ankles and she probably couldn't drive that day - i think i would call her and apologize to her for being a bit short with her and explain about your bad day - and tell her that she may come and pick them up at a time when she feels able and if it doesn't interfere with your plans.
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ummmm I think you were being nice by offering to mail them... Because now her free baby clothes cost you money in shipping costs... Sorry but I would never reward a funky ass attitude like that. She would either come get them, or not have them... End of story...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• In a way. But we all have days where we can't take it anymore and we tell people exactly what we're thinking. Welcome to the human race.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010