Help my 2 year old wont leave his diaper on

I tried putting it on backwards, he figured that out, i tried putting tape around but that only lasts so long too. The daycare lady and I are at our wits end, it never fails going into his room after a nap and finding him in his birthday suit!!! And there have been a few times where I was met with a huge mess if you know what I mean!!

kriszaz

Asked by kriszaz at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try regular big boy underwear. He is telling u in his own way that he does not want to wear diapers. Exactly,how old is he??? message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If it really is that big of a problem then maybe you should start trying to potty train to avoid that huge mess. My LO is 2 and is potty training and is doing great. I also make sure that when she has a diaper on that she has something over it that is difficult to get off or she does take it off.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• He is ready to be potty trained is why. Off with the diapers (and by diapers I also mean pull ups too. Pulls ups are diapers.) Get him into big boy undies and on the toilet!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• At 2, he should be plenty old enough to mind about that. Put him in underwear and potty train him. Or at least give him a stern NO and discipline him instead of trying to prevent him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think when they start taking their diapers off it might be time to try to introduce them to the potty or let him wear big boy undies, if he pee's in them he's see they are very comfortable, and some kids even ask for diapers just to go poop, I would just let him not wear it while he's at home.
    in2sims

Answer by in2sims at 11:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If he's pulling off his diaper you might want to consider that potty training could be your answer. It may take a while but it's obvious he doesn't like wet diapers on his butt. My daughter did the same thing and was easily potty trained.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I personally recommend doing pull ups, but that is me. I do think that however you do it though, it is time to start with the potty training. We started my daughter not too long after her second birthday. She still uses pull ups at night because she can't quite make it all night. But other than that, she is in underwear. She was done in about 6 months. My son we started about two months after his second birthday and he took to it really well too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• its time to potty train
    Sins8shun

Answer by Sins8shun at 11:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• try pull ups, underwear or potty training, he is letting you know he is done with diapers
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Potty Training Time!!! :0) that's a great thing!! means no more diapers!!
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2010