how to get rid of pacifer??

my baby is 4 months but when i take her pacifer away she becomes a fussy baby...or is she to young...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take the pacifier in your hand,,go to the trash can and drop it in,,,,She will get use to not having it eventually,,,My kids never used one,,,I beleive in kids learning to pacifie thenselves

Answer by louise2 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• THROW IT AWAY! She'll cry at first, then she won't miss it. Getting rid of it now will be easier than doing so later.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I've heard that cutting the end off will cause them to not like it, so they'll give it up on their own. I personally think 4 months is a bit young, but that's totally up to you.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You should not take a pacifier away from a 4 month old at all. Pacifiers reduce the risk of SIDS in children from 0-12. The american academy of pediatrics also recommends that babies DO use a paci. They say that 90% of kids will stop using it on their own! Good luck whatever you decide!
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008