Is Our Nation Becoming Diluted and Divided?

What if nobody voted in this election and if a few did, what if it wasn't enough? Would that be a revolution against our Government? Then what? Does anybody feel like our Country is getting divided more and more and more, a division of morals and rights. Does anybody think that our nation is getting close to a war against Religion old style with no middle ground and Liberalism/Rights,and religion that suits those beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Lots of talk about religion and politics going around it appears to be a huge division. Are we getting close to having our own revolution?
    Anonymous

• I think there's a lot more "middle grounders" than you realize. There have to be consessions on all sides and a lot of extremists aren't able to get there. There isn't one perfect solution to any issue facing our nation today, we just have to try to stick together. It's not happening any time soon but I sure wish it would.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think so I think we are very close to civil war again....
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 12:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i think it is getting close to a war again and thank the lord the south will rise again
    Anonymous

• The United States is not a theocracy. We are not governed by religion, there is no official religion, morals and values are not found exclusively in Christianity. This is one of the most idiotic questions I've seen.
    punkmama27

Answer by punkmama27 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I agree punkmama27 that morals and values are not found exclusively in christianity that is my point. Their are so many extremists and different religions and involvement of government that dictates how those values and morals are to be served and laws that should not be determined by the government, yet bleeds in to religious beliefs. Although there is no official religion it would appear that laws getting passed and put into legislation that interferes with ones own beliefs.
    Anonymous

• No, I think our country's becoming dumber and dumber, though.
    Anonymous

• To Krisr169 yes I believe there are a ton of middle grounders that is why I think there is so much division, everybody wants it one way or the other and some that don't care one way or the other as long as their own personal agenda is getting served and the gov wants to pass laws that infringe on ones own beliefs and expect everybody to follow those laws.
    Anonymous

• I do believe we have become divided as everybody nowadays seems to have an All about me attitude. More ppl are like I dont care if taxes are raised as long as it doesn't effect me. I dont care if the housing economy sucks as long as I still keep my house. When we find ourselves having more compassion, caring more about our neighbors, watching out for everyones children running up and down the block then maybe we'll be united again.
    o0gone0o

Answer by o0gone0o at 2:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think we are very close to the Lord returning and people better make sure they have made the right decision and know where their hearts are. Because when He returns, many will be left behind and you will see the next Civil War.
    ashkyef3

Answer by ashkyef3 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008