My 3 month old is starting to scoot around in his crib at night

My 3 month old is starting to scoot around in his crib at night. Should I be worried? I would think that if he were to get against the bumper he would be able to move himself away if he was having any issues... What are your thoughts and suggestions?

JackJacksMomma

Asked by JackJacksMomma at 12:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you install the bumpers properly there shouldn't be any worry. They should tie on both the top and bottom. There should be no gaps between the bumpers and mattress. You'll just want to be careful with them when he can start pulling himself up because he could use them to climb out of the crib which obviously poses a problem. My baby moves ALL OVER the crib at night and she'd really hurt herself if she didn't have those bumpers!
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 3:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• nothing to worry about.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• They say not to put a bumper in the crib. I have one though because I'm more concerned about him bumping his head or getting an arm or leg stuck than I am about him suffocating. If you're really worried about it you can take it out.
    Anonymous