My toddler likes to take his sheet off

I am just not even putting it on any more!!!! He keeps taking it off, but I hate to have him sleep on his cold mattress, winter is coming here in Minnesota!!!! He has been doing this since he was 1 1/2 years old, he just turned 2 on the 27th of Aug. so its been going on for a long time, help me please, I even thought about asking my seamtress friend about making a zippered sheet so to speak. but is that safe, any other moms out there with my same problem?

kriszaz

Asked by kriszaz at 11:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• U can give him a timeout every time he does this.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If is is a waterproof mattress then there isn't any problem with letting him go without a sheet. I would take it away for awhile and make sure that you wipe his bed down as often as you would change his sheet or more. I wish you luck but I wouldn't even know how to get one of those off while the mattress in on its bed. I pull the entire mattress out to change the sheet. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would totally do the zippered sheet thing. I would make sure to use a diaper pin to secure the zipper so he can't unzip it as a safety precaution. I would feel weird about letting him sleep on a cold plastic mattress too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• do the zippered sheet, make sure the zipper is on the side of the mattress he doesn't sleep on.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would just go without. I tend to take the easy way out. Wipe it down with a baby wipe.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• What a little stinker! lol The zipper idea sounds pretty crafty Mama. As long as the zipper is underneath, it should be completely fine. Mine surprisingly hasn't done that yet....she just pulls all of her clothes out of the dresser...lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Try the zippered sheet, and just make sure his PJs are appropriate for the temp at night in your house.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• lol same problem here w/ my 18mnth old she loves pulling off all the overs and sheets off her bed and drags it around w/ her while she plays i think its a comfort thing to her im not sure i put it back on but its always off again. i like the sound of the zipper sheet!!!
    Cynthia L.

Answer by Cynthia L. at 2:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010