OK, My Son is officially at his first day of preschool! This is all new to me :(

I am a little blue but I wont let him see, I got him all excited for his first official day & took a lot of pictures. This is really the first time he has ever been away from me. He went in nice and easy with a big smile, I just hope he's having a great time. Sorry this is not a question, just a Mom who is a little nervous at these new things!! Thanks for listening :)

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 11:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hey, I bet he had a great day at preschool! Eventhough you were missing him, you were allowing him to participate in a new experience that will help prepare him for the next school setting. He will learn to socialize and get along with others his own age. This is extremely important before he enters kindergarten. He will also learn to listen to others and follow a routine and classroom rules. If he comes home everyday and say's, "I played" in response to your question, "What did you do today?" , make sure that you ask him questions that require more than a yes or no answer. Ask him specific questions about who, what , where , when and how he played to get the most information.
    lovetoteach1988

Answer by lovetoteach1988 at 4:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it gets better especially when he comes home and has so many stories about wat a great time he had
    Sins8shun

Answer by Sins8shun at 11:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We've all been there Mom!!! He'll be fine!! It's us Mom's that usually take it so hard!!! (((((( hugs))))) ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It probably feels weird not having your child around and will take some time to get used to a new routine. But you will find that the time goes by pretty quickly and you will be able to use that time for other things that you weren't able to before.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My daughter first day was Tues. I know how you feel. She started when she was 2. she is now 3. This is just preschool not daycare. She goes for 2.5 hours 2 days a week. I was sad also and my eyes were watering up. She had a great day the teacher told me which made me happy, but I still worry about her until I get her and I always will. When you pick up your son, I am sure he had a great day to. Here is a hug from me to you!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My oldest started in August she had a great time and still loves to go. Leaving them is harder on us.

martat

Answer by martat at 12:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• He will be just fine,
    and you will be fine to.
    It is hard next year I will have to go through this all over again.
    Lots of LOVE and Hugs Mommy
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I find all to often that it is the prents who have a harder time saying goodbye on that 1st day of preschool or kindergarten. Both parties can suffer from spearation anxiety on that day. It does ease up, but just remember, there are going to be alot of 1sts now. My oldest now does not want me to actually get out of the car, but wants me to be there. It's hard for me to just watch from the sidelines wondeing if she is ok...
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 9:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010