Anybody baking up anything yummy for dessert tonight?

I just tried a new receipe from Taste of Home for some little fresh apple tarts made with refrigerator biscuits and lots of cinnamon and sugar!! Yum-O!!

jillybean4

Asked by jillybean4 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make something similar with a puff pastry. Puff pastry has that OMG factor when people see it, and it's zero work.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Actually I might make some oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip cookies since I am cooking a turkey and it will be easy to do that way. It usually gives me a reason to bake.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We had my mom over for dinner on Monday because my Dad is fishing at Lake Erie. I made a weight watcher's dessert because we're all dieting, and it is soooo good! I'm not personally following weight watchers, but it's only 3 points a square and supposed to make 6 servings (i actually cut it into 8 because 6 servings made huge pieces, lol).

1 Tablespoon honey
    1 Tablespoon melted peanut butter
    1 Box chocolate pudding
    1.5 cups of rice cereal (rice crispy cereal)
    1 banana

mix together honey and melted butter then pour over rice cereal. mix well and flatten into pie pan for the crust. cut banana into slices and place on top of crust. make pudding as directed and pour over crust and bananas. let refrigerate about 2 hours or until set (the pudding never really does get too hard) and viola! you're done! We made ours without the banana because my husband wasn't a fan, but it's very simple and yummy!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I need to make a fresh batch of black bean brownies, so I'm going to make those.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm stopping at the bakery on the way home later and getting a little Birthday cake.... My 8 yr old son was so upset when I didn't have one for myself lastnight, so I will tonight....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• blueberry cobler
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 11:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oreo Cupcakes.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 12:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Maybe - I'm making banana muffins (new recipe) and if I'm not crazy about them I'll use the rest of the bananas to make banana cake - if the muffins are great I'll make a 2nd batch instead. I do have some toll house bars though too that we may have for dessert.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes, 3 minute microwave chocolate cake. 4 Tbs regular flour, 4 Tbs sugar, 2 Tbs baking cocoa, dash of salt, mix well, then add 1 large egg, mix well, then add 3 Tbs milk, and 3 Tbs veggie oil and a splash of vanilla, mix WELL. Do all this in a large coffee mug or latte cup, then mocrowave on high for 3 minutes and you have Hot chocolate cake, enough to feed 2 people. You can also add a handfull of caramels, or chocolate chips, or candys, Leave out the cocoa and you have yellow cake.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010