I wld like to know is there a mom out there that has perfected the art of patience?

I find myself getting mad at my daughter constantly and I feel horrible afterwards. I dont want to be like my mother who made me feel like she didnt love me. I love my daughter I just am not paitient when it comes to her. Can someone please help me, with some tips or anything. Thank you very much

duhneese79

Asked by duhneese79 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Kids need something to do. If they are bored they become annoying and hard to deal with. Not sure what her age is but, look up things online to keep her content. The more content she is the more you will be able to have patience. the happier you both will be.
    peppermintkathy

Answer by peppermintkathy at 11:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I read this book called Emotions Revealed, it's by the guy the show Lie to Me is based on. I read it out of scientific curiosity, but there are a lot of practical applications in the book for everyday life. What I found most helpful was his tips on how to better control your emotions. I 100% recommend the book for what you are going on. He talks about how to rationally evaluate the situation and realize exactly what is upsetting you and assess if you are reacting appropriately or whether you should take a step back and calm down. Sometimes you just need those few moments of reflection and you suddenly get yourself back into the right mindset of where you need to be in the infinitely trying job of parenting. Good luck! :)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I try to take a deep breath before reacting and if they get upset then we try to talk about what upset her and why I was upset also.

martat

Answer by martat at 12:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• walk away, count to ten, wait until you have comdown then go talk to her. get on her level look her in the eye and just explain to her what she has doe wrong.it works with my 2 year old granddaughter. good like I hope this wil help.
    LindaGig

Answer by LindaGig at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Welcome to Mom hood.
    Good Luck.
    It will end in 20 years.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I try to take a deep breath before I react. There have been several times I have had to walk out of the room and come back a minute or two later.
    mom2abby06

Answer by mom2abby06 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sometimes I just have to walk away for a minute. I don't think any parent is totally patient and never gets mad.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ha.. No way, it will not even end in 20 years because they come back with grandkids.. LOL
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 9:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010