Waking up hungry in the middle of the night?

I wake up at 3 AM with horrible hunger pains. I eat dinner but still get hungry in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. What would you do?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• oh my god me too...and i eat........i stop for a month and then it starts again,,,,,almost like i control it SOMETIMES..........some say stress ,,medication,,,,,,,,but i will never know
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was wondering the same thing.No matter what I eat I always get hungry within an hour or so.I hate when I wake up at night with hunger pains!Its the WORST!I don't know what will help but if anyone knows please let us know ASAP!!
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Just out of curiousity, do you take sleeping pills? Any kind whether it's OTC or prescription. They have been known to give people the "munchies". Other than that I would say to drink milk and eat something filling for dinner. Milk before bed will actually keep your blood sugar up just enough that your body shouldn't crave food. Best part is that you won't get fat by drinking it right before bed either! lol
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 1:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008