has anyone else had one of their pupils increase in size?

About 10 years ago one of my pupils increased in size. I had an examination by an eye doctor who said the cause of the condition is unknown and that it isn't dangerous. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What was done about it?
I did not fall and did not have a concussion or head trauma.

violetz

Asked by violetz at 11:44 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• my 1 year old son sometimes looks like one of his pupials is bigger and his doctor said its normal because we're not semetrical and all that so. i guess its not the same thing as what you have but, simliar?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Did you ever see a neurologist? Brain tumors and neurological disorders can also cause one pupil to dilate. An eye doctor will just look inside your eye for possible damage to the retina, etc. He will not be aware of the various neurological disorders that can cause dilation as a symptom. I'd consult your family physician for a physical and get his opinion.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yeah sometimes I notices that when the light setting changes my pupils get bigger. It's wierd, lol
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 11:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Mine hasn't changed back since it increased in size. No, I did not see a neurologist only now I wish I had when I had insurance. If I get insurance again, I will go and have it checked out more thoroughly as I do suspect something else is going on. I have some problems due to a nutritional deficiency brought on by stomach surgery..
    Thank you for all the great responses!
    violetz

Comment by violetz (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010