Why is it so hard to get back into shape after having a little one?

CharleesMom7

Asked by CharleesMom7 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I gues it's the stretched stomach muscles combined with the fact that you're already tired from staying up all night so working out is the laaaast thing you wanna do lol
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You are too busy concentrating on baby to work on baby fat.
    nananessa

Answer by nananessa at 11:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The World Health Org has done studies and it takes 3 years to recover from childbirth. The WHO recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc. Childbearing is very difficult on the body. It can be worse with each baby. For many women I have known it wasn't too bad after the first 2 but then after the 3rd it was really hard to lose the weight and to get in shape.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• you just gotta get to that gym....24 hour fitness has a child care center for kids 6 months and up......gotta hit that tred mill for an hour at the leat and your heart rate has to at least be 170....some poeple think that 20 min on the tred mill is enough...well it isnt ...if you really want to see those poulds melt off then i would start at 45 min and work you way up to an hour...and then some weights ecxercises for your arms and sit ups for your stomach so you can tone and tighten while your loosing.....and keep your diet at at the most 1500 calories at day then work your way to 1200 calories a day.... i dont know your body type or how much you wanna loose so i just put out some basic info for any weight...good luck....
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I had no problems getting back in shape, wearing my regular clothes a few weeks after delivery with each of my three kids because I didn't eat more when I was pregnant and didn't gain a lot of weight. My stomach muscles are permanently separated---my Doctor says they will never go back together again (the rectus abdominus) and yet I don't have a big "pooch". I think if you just eat healthy foods,small portions and do your usual housework , walk with your kids, you will be in great shape soon after having babies. The women who gain 50 - 60 pounds will have quite a job getting back in shape,though.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am one of those women who gained 55 pounds. My son is 6 months and I have 45 of it and I am sure the rest will come off soon. But I am pretty active I run, bike, and do yoga on a regular basis. I have more muscle tone now in my legs then I did prior to baby and I am running a 5k in a few weeks and a 10k turkey trot around T-giving. Next spring I plan on running the DC Army 10 miler with my hubbs too.

You can do it you just have to move.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 1:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• suppossed to say I have lost 45 of it. Oh- and I have 3 kids.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 1:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• For me the first time I think it was bad PPD and then the second I am over 30 now and right at 4 weeks old we moved, then at 6 months, then again at 1 year, then again at 18 months. So I think I was two stressed out for my body to do anything but maintain. But after a month of being sick, I am starting to lose weight, finally.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The age and how much you weight you gain. It takes a while, just be patience, don't stop exercising and eat healthy.
    Bluejayjan

Answer by Bluejayjan at 9:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• treadmill

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010