What are ways you use wheat germ?

Lately I've been adding it to smoothies and sprinkling it over my yogurt. Sometimes I put it in recipes and specifically look for homemade bread recipes that have it in it. What are some other ways I can use it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Add it to yogurt.
    hope5765

Answer by hope5765 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yep, 1/3 cup in bread dough for a 3 cup flour size....in the cookie dough~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's a nice addition to homemade granola (which goes really well with the yogurt hope5765 mentioned). And you can even add a tablespoon to pancake or waffle batter. I put about 3 tablespoons in with the breadcrumb topping for casseroles too.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Bread dough, hot cereals, homemade smoothies, yougart, added to the breadings for meats, graveys, any quick bread, muffins, pancakes, corncakes, cookies. I put it anywhere I can use flour or nuts. Sprinkled on top of steamed vegs and rice is good too.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010