What is the hardest part about being a mom?

CharleesMom7

Asked by CharleesMom7 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• When they are hurt for any reason and you can't fix it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• gettng enough sleep, potty training
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The hardest part of being a single mom for me is my kids asking why there dad is the way he is and will not help them with anything.
    Kris41682

Answer by Kris41682 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The attitudes they develop..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wondering whether my children will turn out to be productive members of society and whether I've done everything in my power to make that happen.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 12:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think for me it's letting go of the fairytale life I imagined prior to the reality life. You will disagree with ur hubby, family will intrude and try to tell you how to run your home, birthday party etc, your house will ALWAYS be a little messy- little feet run much faster and they continue messing while ur cleaning, your babies will cry and u won't know how to make it better or what they need, the house with the picket fence just became so much more work than you ever dreamt to because that fence needs painted, the dishes need re-loaded, the hubby needs attention and the babies only want mommy! however, at the end of the night when ur house if finally picked up and not being redestroyed by the tiny sleeping angels, your hubby is out cold after 'his' long day and all you can do is stand in the doorway and think you have been so blessed you realize this is your fairtale, its just more work but totally worth it!
    fairytale2mommy

Answer by fairytale2mommy at 12:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• having to share my child with an immature, selfish, lazy, greedy, self-centered a$$hole
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• When they leave home for college... that was the hardest for me anyway.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• For me...one of the hardest parts is wondering if I'm doing something right or wrong..even though there really isnt a right or wrong to parenting! I wonder if I'm doing the right thing all the time..especially with my oldest. I want to steer him in the right direction but I question myself a lot. Like, I'm I being too hard or too lienient. Should I punish for this or just let it go. Do I nag him too much or am I not telling him about things enough. LOL..I guess with him being my first (he's 10 1/2)...I kinda feel like he's my "test" kid. Do the best I can and hope for the best and I learn from my mistakes I've made on him on how to raise the others,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• So far the hardest is getting her to take me seriously. Nothing is serious when you are 6, I guess.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 1:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010