Do you use these for your pets?

I just got this for our cat and I really like it, I think it looks good too, wondering if anyone else uses them? Its like a water tank, like one you would see in an office but smaller, it sits down inside of a water dish and whenever the water level is low, it automatically comes out of the water container on top and fills up her dish. She drinks a lot of water and this way we dont have to fill it up so much cause the container holds 2 quarts at a time. It says its good for keeping out bacteria also. They have bigger ones for dogs, but only need a 2 quart one for the cat. She has her own lil culligan now heh

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pets

• wanted to add in case anyone would want to get one for their animal, I got this one at petsland for 15.99, they had the 2 quart ones in blue or gray, they also have the same general idea for food containers that fill up so many times daily on their own but the food ones are about 60 dollars because its motorized where as the water isn't.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I've used a similar thing that I got from walmart or Kmart. (I don't know now), but I do know that it only cost $7.00. The major difference is that you had to provide the "water" bottle. Which was basically an empty 2 liter pop bottle. (It's possible to get 2 liter pop bottle (with pop) for $1.00); So the whole thing cost $8.00 and you get a drink out of it LOL!! Also if the bottle gets to old I can just pitch it and use "newer" pop bottle.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have a couple around the house. i have one for my kitten food. I have the more expensive one for my older cat and dog. They share the water cooler LOL
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have a water and food one for my dogs but not the motorized one. The only problem with the food one is my dags are starting to get fat.
    jessym_17508

Answer by jessym_17508 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• When those water bottles hold water for over a wk , It's a good idea to dump and clean the bowl, and bottle. Our vet recommended it as she says bacteria will accumulate. Use Clorox a cap or so full and add water and shake the bottle. Then rinse thoroughly, and refill. Use Clorox on bowl also. Makes it a wonderful germ free drinking area for multiple pets as well.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 4:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• lol yes i dont know what id do without it!!
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 7:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• those things are awesomoe they refill themselves but they can get slimy if u dont clean them out i have a huge one and i only have a chihuahua so he doesnt drink much but i never worry that hes out of water
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We have that for our dog! We also have the food one! I love them! Our dog drinks water like crazy so it is a life saver!!!
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008