Focusing with the camera

I cant figure out how to focus my camera with the main image clear and the background fuzzy. I have to do it manually in photoshop to get the effect I want. Any help would be great thanks!

cherrygirl87

Asked by cherrygirl87 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It depends on what kind of camera you have as to how you are able to do this. Your camera manual should be able to help you through that process IF your camera infact has that ability. If you're using a simple point and shoot without any manual capabilities then you won't be able to get that effect. If you have a camera whether point and shoot or SLR that has manual capabilities there are some settings you can choose to achieve this. Nobody here can help you without knowing the make and model of your camera. PM me with that information and I'll see if I am able to help you. I have experience with mostly SLR cameras.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• To help you I would need to know what kind of camera you have.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 1:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Do you have a point and shoot or a SLR? If you have a point and shoot, try using the option that is a face (the portrait setting). If you have an SLR, there's all sorts of things you can do to create that affect.
    ginger-mart

Answer by ginger-mart at 8:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my camera is a Fujifilm FinePix S700 point and shoot I guess....
    cherrygirl87

Comment by cherrygirl87 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• with a point and shoot, see if your camera has a setting for taking pictures of flowers, it might be called "macro"
    my camera in that setting gives you a little box in the middle of the screen that shows what you are focusing on and then the rest gets blurred.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• point and shoots are so hard to do effects with.... check out your manual
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The point and shoot not much you can do other than that. I you had a camera that let you adjust the lens then it be another story. Try reading the manual for some tips.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010