7yr old wetting bed

My nephew is almost 7yrs old and he still wets his bed and does number 2. I have been his step mom basically all his life because his mother is in out of his life I was just wondering is this common in children who come from a mother that isn't always there it seems to me he only has these accidents when comes back from a weekend from his moms do you think he is to young to tell me if someone s touching him the wrong way at his moms or could it be because his mom isn't as involved in his life as much as she should be? My brother and I try our hardest to be good parents/aunt to him and give and do anything for him. What or how should I approach this with my nephew without him thinking he is in trouble?

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 12:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe you could get a book about good touch and bad touch. Does he have nightmares? Does he poop alot or is it just leakage? leakage could be a sign of incoprecious (sp?). It has to do with constipation.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Aww- that poor kid- at least he has you in his life for some stability. I would get him some counseling. He has issues he needs to work out. Biological functions are the only thing in his life he can control- and he is choosing not to. I hope w/ time, patience and the right help he will improve. God bless you for stepping up & filling a void this child needs.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Before jumping to conclusions, talk with his Pediatrician. My nephew had the same problem and he lived in the home with his parents and had a great upbringing. Some kids have weak bladders and others have some other type of problem going on. My nephews pediatrican advised my sister to change up his routine and once that didnt' work, my nephew was put on medication for this problem. He didn't do #2, and its rare kids do #2 so I would talk with his Pediatrician and get the helpt he child needs before it progresses into something worse..
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Talk to the Ped.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2010