• In the Spotlight:

SAHM mom 13 years

I thank god for this sight because i need advice...I stayed home for 13 years went back to school for medical assistant/terminoligy and still no jobs (im sure due to economy ) I picked up an 8.oo an hour job at a museum,,,,,,,,,,,I was treated horribble...... constant nit picking and degrading me ..i walked out,,,,said i was going to bathroom...then called upper managemeent to tell them issue.....I feel like a loser , but for 8.oo an hour i cant deal.....i feel my hubby may dissapointed he has a great job and i cant keep one!!! help....???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• Hey there:) The job market is horrible now, as you well know. Hopefully it will get better....but not anytime soon. Don't feel bad, I wouldn't have put up with tht job either and your husband should be glad that you are not working at a place that treated you so bad. It is hard to get back into the work force after being a sahm for so long but it is nothing to feel bad about. Just keep looking for a job and you will find something that is right for you. Also, a lot of people now are looking into home based businesses so that they can work for themselves and never have to deal with bosses again! Maybe you should consider that? Good luck to you and don't be upset, you have no reason to be:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 1:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thank you i am a mess!!!
    Anonymous

• I started a daycare in my home, and put my skills to use..LOL
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You shouldn't feel bad. I don't think you have a reason. The market is so bad, and just because you didn't stay there so others can pick on you, doesn't make you bad. You were able to keep the best job in the whole world. The MOM job. And that's a lot. Now I am working from home and I live it. It only cost me $1.00 to start and the business I have benefits my whole family. If you think this would be something that you would like to try let me know. And don't worry I don't think your husband has a reason to be disappointed with you.

http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 2:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You shouldn't feel bad over this. You shouldn't be treated that way in any job. Life is too short for that. You just haven't found the right one for you yet. Maybe a home business would be something you would enjoy. It would give you the freedom to make your own schedule around your kids....still be a stay at home mom...just a work from home mom now. And you will be paid more than $8 an hour. If you want to know what I do, feel free to PM me. Find what you LOVE!! Don't be afraid to try new things. Hope this helps you!!

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 3:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Why not start your own business? I love it. I work my hours and get paid for MY hard work.... www.slumberpartiesbypolly.com

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 3:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• There are many opportunities out there. The fact is trying to find one that fits YOUR needs and not someone elses. In todays setting, everyone is about green, health, wellness and an extra income. With my company you get all these plus more. 52 years and growing....look over my journals and profile for more info and let me know if you are interested and/or have any questions...Good Luck~!!!
    Crystal
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2008