Relationship with DH a little stressed since the twins are here.

Did anyone else experience this?

TALuke

Asked by TALuke at 12:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, especially the first few months. We were both sleep-deprived and cranky. By 4 or 5 months things leveled out a lot. It has gotten progressively less stressful since then.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Having a baby changes everything. Relationships are always stressed, and it's going to be worse with twins.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it's perfectly normal- esp. when you consider you are sleep deprived. I know it's easier said than done, but try to make some time for just the 2 of you- after they are down for an hour or 2. Just making that effort will make a difference & things will get better. Congrats on the new babies!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My daughter is 3 months and my relationship has been a little stressed it just takes getting use to you know it's a new routine you have to get use to because she's so brand new but our love for each other and for her levels it out you just have to express how you feel to your spouse.
    Cheri739

Answer by Cheri739 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No, my marriage didn't suffer any stress due to having a child but I've heard that other people go through this. I guess my dh and I were happy about having a new child in the house, that everything else didn't matter...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010