why is it ...

noone these days likes the really country folk? seems like everyone disagrees with what i am and they use it against me like my father he hates me and wants nothing to do with me because im not the heavy metal wear only balck the world is against me type my mother hates me cause i wont live where she wants me to and well that is my family the rest i grew up with died it was my great grandparents and grandparents but then you get to my so called friends who hate me cause i dont get shit faced everynight of the week i feel as if i have noone . is there not anyone in this countryr anymore that belives in family first that listens to their SO that staies home cleans cooks that actually knows how to work farm equipment? or anyone that has those old fashion morals i look at how kids are these days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• and it is an open window in to their parenting skills i see young children beign dragged in diapers bare foot and young teens girls wearing mini skirts and smokeing while hitting on older guys its sickening is there anyone else who is afraid for our world if this is what is left ? is there anyone like me ?
    Anonymous

• We don't live on a farm, but I'm definitely with you on believing that my family comes first, I listen to and respect my husband, stay at home and take care of things, and yes I have "old fashioned" morals, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• lol thats awesome farm is all i know and since we are living in a city now i see this world is just ugh its disgusting i long for the country side again lol ...
    Anonymous

• I would be all for living on a farm. I showed horses when I was younger, had friends who lived on farms and loved hanging out with them. Feel free to send me a message if you want =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was born and raised in Alabama...we didn't have indoor running water so we had to get our water from a well about a hundred yards away from our house. We raised and grew our own food. We took baths in huge tin washing buckets outside during the summer and used heated water from the stove during the winter. We had a wood burning stove and a wood burning heater. We didn't own a TV until I was 13. We played with bugs and dirt instead of "play kitchens" or barbie dolls. We had a tree house that my dad built for us. I learned how to drive on a tractor when I was 7. I shot my first rifle at 9. We hunted for food with my dad.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My dad was a mechanic so we always had at least three working cars or trucks even if they didn't have floor boards or hoods.Yeah..I know what it's like to be country. It teaches character. I know how to make due with what I have and I'm much more grateful than more than half of the people that I know.

By the way..I'm only 23 so it wasn't that long ago for me.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i have to work, but I've had 3 months off for maturnity leave and neither me nor my husband want me to go back! he loves all the baking and cleaning I've been doing, and I feel alot less stressed when I help the kids with their homework. Unfortunately, we like paying the mortgage so on Monday it's back to the grind.... :-(
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 1:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• lol you sound like me lol im only 22 and that is exactly how i grew up lol i miss it and i cant wait to get out of the city lol
    Anonymous

• I'm a stay-at-home-mom now...I'm married to a soldier and we make about 80,000/year. I've come a long way since then but I miss it a lot and I know that I want to move back to the country when my husband ETSes.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• mine works for the airport thats why we are in a big city now but we are hoping to move away very soon before our baby is born
    Anonymous