Would it be ok for me to wear my mothers, "mother's ring"?

My mom passed away in June. One of the things I got was her mother's ring. I want to have it resized and wear it. Would that be ok?

kgcmomma

Asked by kgcmomma at 12:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't see why not...it would be a really nice sentimental reminder of your mother.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Why not?? It has meaning and value to you.... so if you want to wear it, wear it.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My sister in law's mother passed away right after my sister in law and brother got engaged. She wears her mother's wedding ring on her right ring finger. I've never seen her take it off since then. I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• sure.. theres nothing wrong with that at all
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Why on earth would you think it wouldn't be okay? I wear my grandmother's ring all the time. It reminds me of her. And I too had to get it resized for me. I think you are honoring it more by wearing it than keeping it hidden in a drawer or a box.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• other idea is that you can is have a necklace pendant made out of it... the gold and stones will be there, but in a cliche it will be close to your heart
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• thats great................. i have a lot of my moms things.......enjoy your ring....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 1:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• First off, I'm sorry for your loss, second, I think it would be a great way to remeber her.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Honey, I think that your mom and grandma would be honored if you wore it. Or you can make a pendant out of it. I don't know why you would think it's not ok! Of course it would be. Wear it and remember all the great times you had with them. Hugs to you sweetie!
    nicksmum1998

Answer by nicksmum1998 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2008