How fast are your kids growing?

We leave the house pretty early in the mornings (around 7 am or sooner) and I had to actually bust out the winter clothes this morning! (Getting colder here in GA lately.)

What do I discover? My FOUR year old has skipped the size 5's I bought (that she didn't grow into so I kept for this year) and now only has TWO pair of pants to wear! lol, That's all the size 6 we have! And thankfully those were given to her! lol

This is all in a matter of THREE MONTHS because I still let them wear jeans through spring when there were cooler and rainier days!

My 3 year old is soon to be 3 1/2 and JUST NOW hit size 3T in some outfits. She has always been SOOO tiny!

I had to move my 5 month olds carseat straps up to the last spot this am so he will be outgrowing his carseat soon!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (lol)

2 growing rapidly and 1 hardly growing at all!

How fast are your kids growing?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• My older son went from a size 3 1/2 shoe at the beginning of last year to a 5 this year and rapidly growing out of them. He's also just about outgrown his size 10 jeans and will need 12s soon. He'll be 9 in a few weeks.
    On the opposite end is his 10yo sister. She hardly grows at all. She still fits into her size 7 jeans that she's been wearing for 2 years and is still only a size 1 shoe (actually just moved into it, last year she wore a 13).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Too dang fast.
    My 5 year old wears some size 5 pants and some size 6
    My 3 year old wears some size 3 pants and some size 4
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my 18month old is in 24month old clothes and i have to bring her straps up in the carseats also. she grew alot length wise over the summer.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son was able to wear the same clothes over and over he's been so tiny, this past summer he grew 2-1/2 inches and went from size 18 months to 3t like over night.. he also has only a few pairs of pants.. crazy fast right now
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son has been holding steady w/ 4Ts for about a year now. I imagine by next year I will need to get him 5T.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my son is fixing to lose his first tooth..pretty fast...it seems like yesterday his teeth were just coming in
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My 6 year old wears 18-20 shirts and 14 pants shortened, he grows all the time, he is so big compare to everyone else in 1st grade!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Pretty fast seeing as how my oldest is now 24...when the hell did that happen?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son is 6 and wears 14/16 shirts and 12/14 pants. He normally grows 4+ inches a year. Too fast. He staretd growing really fast once he turned 2.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My 12year has a huge growth velocity.....size 8 1/2 shoe already. but my 7year old is small and on human growth hormone (nightly shot). He finally is a size 5~but talk about extreme activity~he needs his own performance enhancement league!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010