Am getting married - how to wear a veil in this hair???

OK, I've really long dark hair, am admitting I'm somewhat of a tom-boy, how do I put the veil in so it'll stay/look cute, etc. I don't have bangs, it's all the same length, do I just put like a little pony on top of my head and shove the thing in there - or what? I'd like to do that little swoop of hair over my forehead that always looks great on everyone - but how? haha...HELP

Tirzah6

Asked by Tirzah6 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Get your hair done professionally the morning of the wedding. NOT CUT OR PERMED or anything, just fixed. Then have the hair person show you how to put the veil on.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Choose a style that is comfortable for you. My son is getting married next month so we have been eating sleeping and living all things wedding the last few months. One of the magazines had a tip page that specifically addressed hairstyles. It said many brides are choosing hairstyles that are so far from their own natural look that people literally don't recognize them. Other suggestions included do a 'dry run' with your hair stylist. Several weeks before the wedding go have it done, bring your veil too. Take a picture when you are done so the stylist can see exactly how you liked it.

I found a link that has like 30+ pages of hairstyles to look at. Good Luck!

http://www.brides.com/beauty/hairstyles/gallery/editorspick
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Go to a hairstyalist like a week or 2 before the wedding and they can play around with your hair. It would also help to have the vail with you so that you can see what it looks like in and your hair finished! You can try doing it tons of ways and they should be able to help you! Any way that you do it make sure that YOU are happy with it because it is YOUR day! Congratulations on the wedding! I'm sure you'll look beautiful anyway that you decide to do your hair...or have it done! :) Congrats! :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I didn't wear a veil! I used a really pretty hair accent with feathers and pearls in it (if you go to my profile you can see it in a photo). Just a thought--unless you have your heart set on a veil. =) Congratulations on your wedding.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I put my hair half up half down and curled it for my wedding. I used a fancy barrette to hold it up and then I just stuck the veil in above the barrette and pulled it out for the reception.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 3:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Thanks for asking this question. I'm getting married soon too and just got my dress and veil. I found the hair style I just absolutely love, but I'm not sure how to wear the veil with it. I think I'm going to talk to my hair stylist and let her give me her opinion. She's done it ALOT more than me, so I'm sure she knows what she's talking about, lol. Let us know what you decide! GL!
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I had long (ish) hair when I got married, and did a half twist, and left the back down, stuck the veil over it. (It was on a beaded thingy). I think I have a pic somewhere.... I'll send it to you... :)
    BeccaLouWho

Answer by BeccaLouWho at 10:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2008