What to do with your hair....

Mine is super thick and below my shoulders, I hate washing it because when I do it's always super frizzy!!! I really want to get it cut and maybe I pray that would take care of some of the problem, but until I can do that.... What can I do???

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 1:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Frizz can be from lack of moisture or protein in the hair. It can also be from high humidity. Using products designed for your hair type is the first step. Using an anti-frizz serum is a good idea. As for mousse, it's good for volume, and it sounds like you have enough of that! It also can dry out your hair causing more frizz. Try getting an anti-frizz and/or heat protection spray so when you do blow dry you aren't frying your hair. Also get a good protein treatment like K-Pak by Joico *you can also get a generic form of this at Sally Beauty Supply*. You leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse and condition. Try to stay away from heat damage, like straightening irons and hair dryers as much as you can.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have thick naturally curly hair as you can see from my picture. First you need to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and i use a leave in conditioner but not to much or it will look greasy. Try to stay away from using a hair dryer and use Moose! Frizz control Moose. It works great for me. :D
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• biosilk is the only thing that can tame my frizzy hair. i just put a little on my fingertips and run them through my hair when it is still wet then blowdry.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you have the money a brazilian blow out but I just chopped 14 inches off mine, I used to sleep in braided hair, it was very helpful.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I used to have very long thick hair. frizz was always a major problem. It's still thick, but I had it chopped. The dead hair is gone and I dont have the frizz problem as much anymore (I'm in a humid climate so I can only do so much lol) because it's all healthy hair now! You could always thin it out a bit!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have think hair, and I just got a hair cut. I was suggested by a friend to get layers...it thins it out some. Just let your hair dresser know what you want done.
    Stephernie88

Answer by Stephernie88 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My hair is thin and its always frizzy....I use anti-frizz spray!
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 1:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• well it sounds like you are using BAD products on your hair. Get a good shampoo and conditioner.. (you're stylist can recommend the best kind for your hair and hair type). And a good protein treatment can help as well.

I'm not sure how you are styling it, but again your stylist can recommend the best cut for your hair, the best styling techniques to fit your needs (low maintenance to high maintanence, and hair type, and best cut for your face shape, etc).

If you live in the western, NY area, PM me, I'd be glad to be your stylist.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• have you tryed moose to calm the frizzy. put it up in a pony tail. I just cut my hair it was below my brastrap that is what I did withmy frizzy hair
    LindaGig

Answer by LindaGig at 1:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I tried moose and it made my hair harder to handle and even when I put it in a ponytail it still goes "poof"
    Sarasmoonflower

Comment by Sarasmoonflower (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010