''don't hang up-this is not a sales call.'' ARGH!!!

this #(cell) calls me at least once month, and when i actually answer the phone, this is the recording i hear. i didn't answer today, and the message was left to call "?" at a landline #. i call that #, and get the same recorded message.
i have my phone on the DNC list..like that's done any good. how can i find out who's calling me so i can give them a piece of my mind??

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 1:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It is usually a bill collector or a survey. Hold on the line and see.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I get them all the time and have been on the don not call list for a long time and renew yearly. They don't care, and I pay extra so that a caller has to show a name and # or it won't go through, and yup, they still come through..........It really pisses me off.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i really hate when i answer and it says "please hold" im like wtf you called me!!!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• lol... that poor person they are trying to reach... can you imagine the interest on that account in the past year of calling the wrong number.

:D

I didn't mean to imply that you did.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• "(its a good thing we check our credit report regularly!!) "

Amen!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It is usually a bill collector --

if that's the case, they've been calling the wrong number for about a year. LOL! (we owe no one.)
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• since i have nothing to do right now, out of curiosity i called the number and waited..you were right..it was some credit business, and when i asked why they kept calling me, they told me the name of a guy who had given this # to them. i haven't the foggiest notion who he is, as i'd only heard his name....drum roll...from one of the calls months ago (again, not knowing who was calling) who asked to speak to " ".
    if he's this behind that they are having to call, albeit the wrong #, this often/this long a period..i bet he's not feeling any pain about owing!!
    (its a good thing we check our credit report regularly!!)
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010