Give an easy way to clean all the garbage out of your computer

pitacc

Asked by pitacc at 1:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• download and run C-Cleaner. It's free and will get rid of all your download files you don't want and cookies posted from viewing different web sites.
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 1:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You can use the disc that came with your computer to wipe it completely clean and restore it to all factory defaults. Just make sure you get any documents/pictures/etc. that you want to keep off of the computer before you do this! :)
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 1:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• system recovery. its usually an F button you push when you turn on your computer. i wouldnt suggest it unless you want to wipe everything clean and i mean EVERYTHING! your pics will dissapear, you will need to reset up your email, it will pretty much take it to where its like you first bought it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Every Friday, I delete the temporary files and cookies and I defragment it. Beyond that, I have no idea how to clean my computer.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 1:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you have IE, download Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and works really well. It was recommended to me by a computer geek. Delete all your cookies, temperary internet files, ect. Go to Tools, internet options, click on delete history upon exit then go into the delete opinion and check everything except for the preserve favorites option.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010