How and or where do you meet guys when you are a mother of 2 and soon to be divorced?

My husband left over a year ago and we will be going to our first divorce court date in a few weeks. I want to stay with him and make it work, but everytime I try I just end up getting hurt and disappointed. I'm tired of getting hurt and have decided as much as I hate it and as much as I wish it could be different I have to move on and get over him. Where the heck does anyone meet guys who are divorced themselves or don't have a problem with women with children? Bar scene is not for me.

rmscherz

Asked by rmscherz at 1:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I say try a Matchup site, Match.com isn't too bad. There's a few others but I've never used any so I have no clue what they're called. I'm sure you can just google something and you'll find out! Good Luck, and Have fun on your search!!
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The park.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i meet my hubby on line ........ there are a lot of dating sites...... we have been married 3 years good luck oh you can also try church my friend meet her hubby at church.....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 1:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Don't look for love, it will come to you. Trust me. I met my husband in the laundrymat! And I never go there, had to wash a comforter.
    Anonymous

• It will probably take you a while to get over the hurt. Dating anyone right now might just make you miss your husband more and could backfire. I'd recommend taking some time to take care of yourself. But you are right in trying to move on. Maybe take some classes or take up an interest or an activity that brings you around other people. Eventually, when you are ready to date - the dating sites work great. They sure did for me. I work full time and it is very difficult to meet single, eligible people who are interested in being in a relationship in the circles I go in. Most people are married when you get into those over 30. I met my wonderful boyfriend through Match.com. We have a ton in common and get along great. We've hit a few bumps now and then but who doesn't. We've been together for 2 years and we also get along great with each others' families. Good luck!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I totally agree to give it some time before you start dating. I tried dating too soon and was always trying to compare the men I was dating to my ex. It never seemed to work out. Love will come to you when you least expect it. Good luck!
    coolmommy28

Answer by coolmommy28 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I know it's been a year you may be feeling lonely, try devoting as much time and energy into your kids and especially yourself, because maybe it's time you just worked on making you happy and not worrying about a man you have to please more than yourself. The right guy will come along in time. But If not, try e-harmony or if you attend a church or what ever religious group try going there. Most likely you'll meet a guy with some good values.
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 3:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The park is a GREAT answer!
    But I think you're on the rebound and should not necessarily be looking yet. It sounds like you still love your husband.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You don't for a while. The most important thing IMO is to just focus on letting yourself heal, being there for your kids...helping them heal....being OK with yourself without anyone else is the first step in being able to open yourself up to love again..
    Good luck .. no matter what the situation or reason for the break up it is never easy.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Have you considered being on your own with your kids for the time being? Why do you feel you need to rush into another relationship? I'm afraid you may think that it will make the divorce easier...it won't. Or that it may make getting over him easier...it won't. What it will do is delay your real feelings, and possibly effect every relationship you do have until you are truly over him...something that can only happen in time. Don't put yourself in a position of having a string of failed relationships because you're not over your husband. Take some time. Grieve for the death of your marriage, just as you would for a loved one. Take care of yourself and take care of your kids, who need you to be there for them. In time love will find you, you don't have to seek it out.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008