Have you ever had an unexpected blessing?

Yesterday we were at the bus stop, a man came up behind us and talked to my husband......

He gave us a brand new high chair, a play pen, two car seats (booster and toddler) and also gave us a ride home with the promise of letting us buy his van which we have been looking for. It only have 50,000 miles and he is going to sell it to us for 2,500. I was surprised and happy.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• What a great blessing, thanks for sharing!

My unexpected blessing was Felipe's successful heart surgery and his very very quick and easy recovery. (Everyone told us his heart could be fixed, but it still surprised me how easy it was and how perfectly they were able to fix it!)

In terms of random acts of kindness like yours, I have a not-so-significant story to share, that the guy in front of me at Starbucks paid for my drink for no reason at all - just asked me to pass on the kindness someday, somehow.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• What a wonderful day for you!
    My surprise blessing is my 2 yr old son
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wow! You really lucked out there. That is a real blessing. Just like children! :) (And yes, some children are unexpected blessings!) :0
    Whenever someone says a kids an "accident", I say, "NO- they were a pleasant surprise!"
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wow..lucky you! =)
    & yes.. kind of. I took a nap the other day & woke up to find that my unborn baby had a crib, crib bed set, tons of blankets, clothes, diapers, wipes, lotion, shampoo, soap, carseat, swing, two bouncer seats & a bathtub. It was all from my MIL & SIL, but it was unexpected & much needed!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• a few years ago, I was stranded in a city far away from home. A nice man gave me $20 for gas! I made it home and will never forget about him. Another surprised blessing is my son!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• not recently, but i sure could use one!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• He had said that he was doing well and thought that he should help someone else out.... I cant believe that, that even happened I am sooooo happy!
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes and could use one at the moment!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010