do seizures have a lot to do w/doing drugs?

So yesterday at noon i get a call from my sd school, said she had a panic attack n the ambulance was giving her oxygen to get there right away, she does get these ocassionaly, so when i get ther the peramedics sd it was a seizure, a witness sd she was convulsing& the school sd she wasnt breathing had foam coming out of her mouth n her lips n fingers were blue, she was rushed to the hospital where they did an ekg& blood n urine sample, everything came back fine, this morning my sister called me said my niece had told her that my sd had confessed she did drugs, not sure what kind but that my step daughter did them, i tell hubby n he refuses to believe because of the testing that was done he sd it would of came out in her system of course there are many other reasons this could of happened it can be a tumor or epilepsy she has a follow up w/Dr later on today i will bring it up as well but can this happen?

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• You didn't mention how old she was, the sell 12 panel drug tests at walgreens that are very accurate if that is something you would consider for her safety. Just throwing that out there :)
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They may not have been looking for illegal drugs or any drugs with their testing. They may not have attributed it to that and didn't think it was something they needed to look into. I would definatly bring up to the dr and if she ever does it again at school, tell them when they go to do her tests to test for illegal drugs.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes,it can. Have them re-do the bloodtest and test for illegal drugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i guess anything is possible but not likely
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 1:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Believe me, they tested her for illegal drugs at the time. Yes, it absolutely can happen, but if this happened at school, it isn't likely to be related.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010