My daughter has been taking off her diaper everychance she gets, but she wont let me know when she has 2 go potty so im not sure on how 2 do the potty training yet any sugestions?

Cynthia L.

Asked by Cynthia L. at 1:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• start taking her to the potty every half hour or so.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That comes later. Training starts with you taking her every 1/2 hour or so. I waited until all of mine were 3 and it was a quick and painless process. But mine didn't remove their diaper. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Take her shopping for some panties and put those on over the diaper too, you can usually catch her before she gets both off.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• removing the diaper and potty training are two different things. removing the diaper is a stage but it has nothing to do with potty training. you have to try with your best efforts to show her the potty and sit her down on it several times a day
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i am in the process of potty training my self. what i do is put undies on her and and ask her when she has to go and if she says yes i take her in or tell her to go in and she normally does have to go. and when i ask her i ask her alot not just every half hour or so like every minute to 5 minutes. it seems to be working the only thing is she does not go there by herself she goes in her undies. but she really does not like the feeling of it on her so it does work a little bit. the only problem we have is when she goes number 2 she thinks she has to do that in the diaper but we will work on that soon.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    luv2run88

Answer by luv2run88 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree with the others. Start by taking her on a regular basis. We would take our son every 45 minutes. If he peed, great. If not, we waited and tried again in 10 minutes, then every 10 minutes until he either peed or had an accident. Then we restarted the process. We did this in April and he's only now starting to realize on his own when he has to go.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• thank you all for your answers ill see if any of this helps her.
    Cynthia L.

Comment by Cynthia L. (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• What worked for my daughters was I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of little toys and stickers and such and put it in a huge container in the bathroom and every time they went they got to choose a toy!
    Amazonmom732

Answer by Amazonmom732 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010