What should be done for a facial rash?

My son who is six months old has a face rash and it is really red he has an appointment for it on the 30th cause I guess that is the only day that they had available..... What did you or do you do for it?

It looks as though it may be eczema but I am not sure....

Red blotchy, (kind of like snake skin) dried out and some of it is dotty.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It makes me feel so much better that I am not the only one with this problem. My son is 5 months and has had the same weird red rash for almost a month. I first thought it was the laundry detergent we were using but I switched and it didnt help. Then I noticed that it happened within hours of eating jar food. I was only feeding him organic. I finally went to the pedi last week and she thinks it may be a food allergy or eczema. She is having me put Aveeno Baby lotion on his face or Vaseline. The Aveeno works great, I use it during the day and at bed time. She is having me keep a food diary to see if food is the cause, I go back in 3 weeks. I found the lotion at target for $6, you shold try it.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• when my oldest daughter got a rash her dr. said not to put anything on it... but my youngest daughter she had they same thing on her cheeks on her face i used sum aveeno baby fragrance free soothing relief moisture cream once a day after i gave her a bath and it helped it soothes and relieves dry skin even dry skin from eczema. But always check with your baby dr. too.
    Cynthia L.

Answer by Cynthia L. at 1:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010