do you own any old vinyl records?

I'm talking about records that were actually acquired waaay back in the day - not something you bought last year b/c you are a DJ!

Anyone have old vinyl? What album is it?

I used to have the Michael Jackson one with the white tiger. Don't know if it's still around or not...

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 1:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Girl, I had a great collection (50+) of old albums...groups from the 60's! I gave all of them to my son who lives in San Francisco and he still plays them some when he has people in...they have been moved from Mainland to Hawaii and back to Mainland!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 2:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have quite a few in fact... And the one with MJ and the Tiger is Thriller - which I own. I think at last count I was at around 75 albums and countless 45s (those are the little ones with just one song on each side).

I have a few newer ones too like Black Eyed Peas and Marilyn Manson...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't remember exactly what I have, but I have a huge stack of Elvis albums, I think an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album, and one Joan Jett & the Blackhearts album. They were my mom's and one of my aunt's in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I have more, but I don't remember what they are.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, they're in my basement some where and I don't remember who they are.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My husband's grandma gave us her old record player, so we have been collecting old records. We have too many to list, but my boys LOVE the beach boys :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope. I remember my parents having some. They had The Eagles...but thats the only one I can remember out of all of them lol.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope, they can stay in the thrift stores..lol.....=)
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 1:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have hundreds of them. All the music I bought before 1985 is on vinyl.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yup - most are kiddie musicals that we performed in grade school, I had a ton of kids ones but my mom got rid of most of them :o( Sad thing is I don't have a record player and don't know anyone with one so my kids can't listen to them.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i have some old Duran Duran records-
    reminds me of the good old days,
    don't even have a record player though
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010