What to use for deodorizing furniture?

What do you use to get odor out of furniture. My dog loves to lay on the couch and it smells like dog. What products do you recommend or what do you use?

usmc0351wife

Asked by usmc0351wife at 1:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pets

• Febreeze. It comes in all different scents now, but I've only used original. We also used it when we were house breaking our dog. If she peed somewhere and we sprayed it with Febreeze, she would never go there again!
    icook

Answer by icook at 1:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• We use Caribbean Mist. It smells lovely.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Love Febreze.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Febreeze all the way love the smell and the bad smell gets out
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Well if it's the dogs smell and not the hubby smell I use OUT! Its a odor and stain remover. It's a all natural bacteria and enzyme solution that permananently removes any odor from dog, cat ,vomit,blood ,'hairballs etc. and safe for rugs,carpeting and FABRIC etc.Febreeze does have a great pet smelling spray that is divine, and helps the entire room. I spray ,toys,for the dogs with (out )it,s good for the cleanliness for thier health. Ck out Glade fabric & air ordor elmininator. It's new and it's great!  Good luck on your search!

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 3:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I use fabreeze or sometimes I buy linen and room spray from the candle shops or bath and body works. (they're a little stronger) Also, you could try putting a dryer sheet in your couch cushions
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I would strongly avoid Fabreeze: It has ingredients that can be harmful to pets.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=2629259&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/studiob/

I use a product that is the first botanical EPA approved deoderizer and kills 99.99% of bacteria.  It is the bacteria that really causes the icky smell.

Best wishes to you.

SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 11:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2008