Should I switch childcare provider?

Pros: I know her she is family, she cooks healthy meals for my boys. The boys like her and are used to her. The cost she charges is convenient.

Cons: She is very busy as a foster mother w/ other children. Communication between she and I is difficult (very strange personality). Whenever there are family issues DH and I are caught in the middle which carries on in our childcare relationship. I feel if I call upon her regarding meals, education that it is an inconvenience for her. If we find someone else the boys need to get adjusted to a new sitter cost of childcare will increase.

This is causing me so much stress that it is beginning to frustrate me at work and at home. I am tense, moody and plain irritated. There are so many things you must consider when looking for childcare I am just really scared to find someone e

PatricksMama07

Asked by PatricksMama07 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you even have to ask this question, you aren't comfortable with her.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She is not being professional by dragging you into the middle of her personal relations. If it is beginning to effect your work work ethic you need to switch.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It may cause more family rifts if you take your kids to someone else. They like it there- that's a huge plus! They are in a safe, nurturing environment & the price is right! If I were you I'd stay put! Yes kids are resiliant (sp?) & will adjust, but why put them thru all that for the occassional discomfort you feel when you ask her for or about something.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• One should heed what their gut is telling them...peace of mind that carries over into all areas of your life/work is invaluable! Kids will adjust!
    Get new caretaker!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 1:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• switch the care takers up a lil but make shure you truest them w/ taking care of your kids. like do someone through the week then your family reletive who you have watching them now on the weekend or sumthing that way youu can still have her watching them but not all the time to give you both a break.
    Cynthia L.

Answer by Cynthia L. at 2:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Trust your instincts.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You obviously aren't 100% comfortable with her, for that reason I would switch. I know that changing is hard but not being comfortable with your daycare is extremely stressful. I wouldn't let the cost prevent you from switching.
    jjjjsmom

Answer by jjjjsmom at 3:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You should trust yourself and find someone that can relieve your stress. It isn't good for anyone involved in your life including your kids if your stressed out and unhappy. It sounds like you really want to switch but are concerned the effect it would have on the realtionship with the current provider and the increase in money. Maybe you could talk to her and kind of feel out how she would react and use that to make your decision. I do think you either need to work out the issues you're having or find someone new.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010