Do you like takeing your kids,

To your public library?
If so do you think that it is a safe place?

newathis918

Asked by newathis918 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I took my dd to the summer reading program and she loved it. The fall storytime is just starting up so we will probably try it. We will just have to see how my 19 month old does. DD loves to pick out her own books and usually has them memorized by the time we turn them back in. As for being safe, yes, I think it is. I also don't let them out of my sight.
    mom2abby06

Answer by mom2abby06 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes and Yes.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no i dont they want to run
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes and yes! They have storyhour for preschoolers here.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes! They love to go and sit at the little tables and read the books.. It's always seemed safe when we were there.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, we go a couple times a week. It's pretty safe, next door is a police station.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 2:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ive always wanted to take my 3 yo to the library during storyhour. My son loves books, but now he's loving to talk loud so it makes me nervous.
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it is a safe place, but I hate taking them there. They are expected to be entirely too quiet. If they speak above a whisper (hard for a 5 and 3 year old NOT to) everyone looks at them and we have been asked to leave before (even though they were being good and not speaking very much at all!). I would MUCH rather go alone! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes to both. They all love picking out books and movies, and the library also offers a lot of children's programs and activities as well.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yep to both - although I think they're too young (6 & 10) to be left alone there.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010