Whats your thought

Whats your thought on " Living together" before marriage vs living on your own seperately before the big day. My thought is i like the idea of living together before that day so the 2 can get to know each other and their querks..

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 2:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i think it is a great idea to live together first. You don't want to get married and then move in together to find that you want to kill him in his sleep because he leaves the toilet seat up, doesn't pick his dirty socks and underwear up, never puts the cap back ont he toothpaste, watches and looks at porn religiously, etc. lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I lived with my first and current husband before we got married. We actually moved in together before we even discussed marriage. I don't think you can truly know someone until you've lived with them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think good marriages can be made both ways - it's all up to the people involved and what they want.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• there are pros and cons to each...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I look at it like this...this is a person that you plan to spend the rest of your life with. He'll have bad habits that you do not like, regardless if you decide to move in with him before marriage or not. The bad habits that he have will not interfere with our marriage and I sure wanted divorce him over it either. And if this someone that I'm marrying, it wouldn't be a rushed decision to marry him and not know something about his habits...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't think that living together before you are married is right. I think it is better to wait until you are married. However I also believe in not having sex outside of marriage so those therefore go kind of hand in hand. I believe that is something that should be shared only in marriage. I know it's not the popular opinion anymore, but I know it's right and therefore that is what i will do.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't think there's anything that can prepare you for marriage. I didn't do that before I married, but it was something I contemplated.
    I think it means something different when you live together. There's always the chance to just walking out if you don't agree with one another. After marriage, it would be you are more vested in making it work. Or at least it was/is for me. It all depends on one's own view. Sadly, now more couples get divorced because it's easier than putting up with someone, almost like the commitment was "until I don't like/love you anymore" instead of "until death do us part".
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i think the best part of being married is getting to know them for their quirks and what they are all about. living before marrying them takes that part away from the marriage which i think is what helps build a better marriage cause you learn to accept and love them regardless of those weird characteristics. also i think you take the true commitment out of marriage when you live together first cause you have developed or incorporated the thought that i don't have to fully commit here since were just living together. this is a serious lack in trusting you or the others love for each other. especially when you have children in involved. i like jillybean also don't believe in sex before marriage. i wish that i had saved myself for my hubby and it sure takes the best part of the honeymoon away. i mean those who wait for sex until their marriage night knows it's all about the sex and love you will share. i know it was for us.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• also i don't like everyone saying that when you live with someone you get to know what they are about and their bad habits so if you don't like this or that about them you don't have to marry them....um there will always be one thing or another that you don't like about EVERYBODY. do does that mean you never marry someone cause they leave the toilet seat up or dirty socks on the floor etc etc. seriously does that mean you don't love them & shouldn't marry them. why are these things considered qualities. isn't quality in a man someone who loves you, has the same values & morals and shares the common interest as you. if you looking to test drive a relationship before you marry then your not looking at a real commitment. i think if you wondering about living together first tells me that you don't really see yourself with him for the rest of your life. i certainly saw it with my hubby & he can drive me crazy but heck i love him
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010