Should I be upset that I wasn't invited?

My manager is getting married in a few months and is having a wedding shower this weekend. I have been working here over a year and we get along very well.

Apparently she has a wedding shower on Saturday and she didn't invite me. The girl who used to work here (also worked here one year when she left) was invited.

I'm kind of offended about it.

Do I have a right to be?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Eh..nah. If you two are just friendly at work then she really has no reason to invite you. If you are friends outside of work, then yes, you should be upset.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It depends on how close you are. Do you do things together outside of work? Go to lunch together frequently? If not, than you shouldn't be offended. I rarely invited employees to my private functions unless we were friends outside of work.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Are you guys close on a personal friend level or just a work relationship? I wouldn't be offended if it was basically a work relationship. If we were good friends and I wasnt invited, I'd be upset.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's hard to mix office friendship and personal friendship.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Do you guys hang out when your not at work? do you call each other when you have a problem or need advise? or do you just hang out and talk at work? She could see you as a work acquaintance ......in which case i wouldnt be offended....but if we are actually friends outside of work i would be offended....jmo

KME3

Answer by KME3 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She doesn't go out to lunch with the other people from work that she invited. But we have gone to her house for things and we eat lunch together and such. It is a small office of only five of us, and we all get along very well.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She must not think as highly about you as you think of her. Or she would have invited you.

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010