Do you ever feel like your always broke?

And yes we both work full time.

jnd951999

Asked by jnd951999 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, because we always are! LOL! As soon as the money comes in, it's ready to go back out.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Do you have a written budget? Do you have much debt? Work on a written budget and stick to it. You would be amazed at how quickly you can save money that way.

MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, i work full time and have a budget and my husband works on commision when he does work and as soon as he makes the money he spends it twice as fast.
    surfergirl

Answer by surfergirl at 3:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• we have been flat broke for atleast 6 months now. slowly falling farther and farther behind.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We are always broke. and I hate it. Part of it is his sorry income,. part of it is the cost of necessities for our big family, part of it is medical bills, and part of it is the fact that we aren't good with money. All of it sux and has been increasingly stressful over the years.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• all the time. tried budgets and just cant stick to them. we both work full time too and it is still very rough.
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 2:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes were always broke and it's not getting easier when hubby acts as if it's not the end of the world if i spend money loosely. i'm sick of doing without cause he can't or won't. i'm feeling resentful.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes I am always broke but I am a single mom supporting 2 kids with no help from my ex husband. I am looking into going back to school so I can not always be broke.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We've been there before- we got out of it though- not by increasing our income- in fact our income has gone down since then, but just by deciding together what we want to spend our money on.

Like MomtoBelSamom said, we do a written budget and don't spend a single dime unless it's first on the budget. It actually makes it feel like we got a raise even though our income has dropped. Crazy right- but you've got to try it!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No, you have to know how much you're spending in relation to how much you're bringing in. Make cuts in spending accordingly.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010