My son is 7 mnths and refuses to eat any baby foods.

All he wants is formula.I keep trying to get him to eat the baby food but he cries his head off and spits it out,and i thought it was just the taste but ive tried all diffrent kinds of them and the same things still happen. Is there anything i can do??

SkylarsMummiex3

Asked by SkylarsMummiex3 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lay off for a week or so, then try again. He may be telling you he's not ready. Good luck!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter never ate baby food. She hated it and showed no interest when i tried to feed her. So what i did was just feed her what she could eat from my meals. they can still get the nutrition they need from our plates. I give her vegetables, beans, fruits, pasta, and even meats that she can chew herself. If you are still concerned about it you can mix the baby food with Gerber rice cereal, and add chunks of Gerber diced fruits. see if he likes that. If not try giving him what you eat they usually love it =] Hope this helps!
    _CeRtiFiEdMILF_

Answer by _CeRtiFiEdMILF_ at 2:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Just give it time and be persistent. Don't stress about it because formula or breast milk is actually supposed to be their main source of nutrition for the first year. Do you feed formula first and then try the baby food?? Because that is supposed to be his main source of nutrition that is actually the appropriate order for feeding but that may also help if he's not starving when you try the baby food. It might give him more patience for it. Pick a food and try giving it to him for 3-5 days before trying another one. It'll just take time for him to get used to the taste. Then you can introduce a new food and let him try that one for a few days, and so on.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 2:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Is he really hungry when you try to give it to him? My sonn nurses and then 2 or 2 1/2 later has food. But you might also have the opposite problem we do! Landon loooooves baby food and doesn't want anything with a different texture. I think as long as the food is tender enough he could chew it with his gums. Its worth a try!
    mrsCliffy05

Answer by mrsCliffy05 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The baby food may be too bland for him. Check out a baby food cook book and they have some great idea's for making your own and mixing and adding things I had never thought of.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• first try cereal if not already and unlike what everyone says start giving him applesauce or pears first those are sweet. Alot of people told me Bananas but those aren't good to start off as first foods like most people say trying looking on Gerber.com they have really good hints and stuff
    krzymommyroo

Answer by krzymommyroo at 10:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008