I need help with a clingy toddler!

I am a SAHM and my daughter is 15 months old. I have no way to clean my house. She clings to my legs and cries and cries if I dont hold her. I try to do as much as I can while she naps but thats only 1 hour (rarely2) and I can either shower and eat lunch OR do the kind of cleaning I need (dusting sweeping/mopping, etc...). When her dad gets home he sorta helps at night but by then I am so very tired from the constancy of her being on me all day that I feel wiped out! Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated!

getupsteph

Asked by getupsteph at 1:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would love it if my daughter still wanted me to hold her. she is going on three now and i miss it so much. i think you might be feeling wiped out because you are trying to do too much with your high maintenance girl. just try letting things go that are not as important as her. like maybe just let the dished pile up and do them after she is asleep. take her in the shower with you and let her play with you in there. these few months we have have with them are so short

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• if you get anything that works let me know. i have the same problem. i can't make dinner cause i can't put her down long enough. i just ignore her for the most part but it really breaks my heart too.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Same problem here. With my other 3 I worked part time so I was away from them as soon as they turned 3 months. But with this 4th dd, I've been home since I was 8 months pregnant. She will be 2 in December. She only naps when I nap with her. I'm lucky if I can get away 2 hours a week. She fusses for everyone while I'm gone.
    belmom4

Answer by belmom4 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter was just like that. I just found new and exciting things for her to do. My little one was amazed with legos (the bigger ones) at a younger age and that kept her occupied for awhile, so i would take advantage of those extra clips of time to do things that needed done around the house. Another idea (as long as your little one doesn't still put things in her mouth) I bought rice and dried beans and a little measuring set for my daughter. She would sit in her high chair and measure these things over and over and then she would dump them and start all over again.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter is the same way! I just keep telling myself that it will get better! I take life one day at a time, sometimes I dont get anything done! and I have to microwave my food or I'd never get to eat. I love canned soup! she likes to play with kitchen stuff so I give her tupperware utencils etc.
    chai-mama

Answer by chai-mama at 8:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2008