how long does your 3 year old nap for?

I watch a boy who just turned 3 last month and he usually takes 2 hour and 15 min naps his mom told me to start making him get up after an hour whick I have been doing and he is sooo tired when I wake him up he will just yawn and yawn and not even play for an hour after he gets up. She told me that he will not go to bed after 11 or 12 and she don't want him sleeping so long. But she said this week he still has not been going to bed till late. I personaly think he will not go to sleep at night b/c he sleeps on the couch with his dad he don't have his own bed and he just don't go to bed until his dad goes. I don't know if i should just let him nap longer or just keep his nap at 1 hour like she wants but then he gets to crying b/c he is sleepy and wakes the other children I watch up....so what to I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• DD is almost3, she naps for 2 hours a day. Honestly, it sounds like the kid needs a better schedule.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• IF my dd takes a nap it is maybe an hour a day. but it's about once a week. not every day.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well, if our son naps at all, he's up til midnight, and I had to ask our provider not to let him nap at all past 3 or it leaves us at a midnight bedtime -my husband works nights and for our family, we just can't make that work -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my son will be 3 in feb and was taking a 2 hr. nap. I was having the same problem where he wouldn't go to sleep until 10 or so. i spoke with our dr and he said to change the nap to 1 hr and to make it earlier. now he naps at 1130 and has a late lunch. it has helped. he will be tired for a while.
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Try letting him sleep for like an hour and a half. Maybe that way you and the mom can find a happy medium and you won't have such a tired boy.

cbearsgirl

Answer by cbearsgirl at 2:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I had to stop naps all together at age 3. My DD would never fall asleep at bedtime anymore, even if she took a 15 minute nap!!!!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My DS has not napped since 18 monthsold he will be 4 next month
    Nycutie2707

Answer by Nycutie2707 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My three year old twins nap about an hour and a half to two hours.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my ds now 2 has not taken a nap since he was like 20 months.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010