S/O Ok, say you are in a restaurant play place..there is a little kid running wild and pushing all the other little kids down and climbing up the slide backwards and hindering play...

There is no mom around for this little kid... Is it ok to stop the kid as he runs by and ask him to stop running and pushing? And is it ok if he doesn't stop to tell him to go sit by his mom and not to come back unless she is with him?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 2:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well.. you knew I would answer this! lol.. I would tell the store manager.. It is not any other mother's place to discipline the child in any way. The manager can talk to the mother and she can take care of it.. but the only kid you have say over is your own.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ok, so everyone has to hold theirs kids until you go find a manager? Because the kid is shoving all the other kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't. I would just take my kids out of there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree, I would talk to the store manager. They don't want other children hurt, or the child who is out of control....and hopefully they don't want to lose the business of the other mom's who are watching their children!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• This HAS happened to us,lol. I just stopped the little boy and asked him to show me who his mommy was.He pointed and took off.I went up to his mother and asked her if she was that little boys mom. I apologized for bugging her and told her what he was doing. She thanked me for letting her know and she went and handled it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes to the first part..it takes a village, no to the second part. That's when you call the manager.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well, if you are having a birthday there and there are several kids there and it just started, you don't want to leave yet. What dod you do with your kids while wildchild is on the loose?
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would probably take my kids to another play area because you know that bratty kids will have Moms who refuse to admit their little kids do anything wrong and never disciplne them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No, I don't think it is another parent's place to do that. I think you should handle it among other adults.. whether that is talking to an employee or even just yelling out to find out who the mom is. I see that as more appropriate.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 2:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have told other peoples children to simmer down whether or not the moms around. As for telling him not to come back until his mom is with him I would because he could hurt not only my child but he could hurt himself and mommy needs to be made aware of what little Johnny is doing.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010