Geez. Didn't think some woman still acted this way !

So my job is a collector - I call people who owe money and try and get them to pay.

Yesterday I called a woman who owed $50 on a medial bill.... I asked her if she could give me a card number to get this taken care of and she told me " her husband is in control of all of the money so she was unable to pay that minute" . Today I called her back and she wanted to know if there was anyways she could pay by money order. I told her no, and she told me that her husband wont let her use the cards but she has saved some money and can go out and get a money order. I rolled my eyes and sighed and just wanted to tell her how dumb she was being !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Whether you approve of the way her household runs that is the way that she has accepted. If she wanted to be able to pay a bill by money order then you should have been able to give her an address to mail it in. Not all bills in collections have to be paid with CC's.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Dumb about what?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Some families have either the wife or husband take care of the credit cards/checking accounts.. Just because you don't agree doesn't make her dumb. & a lot of ppl dont even have credit cards so if she cant pay with a money order how can she pay?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am not seeing this either... I am the one who handles all the finances in our house -not because I won't LET him, because he's bad with money and he doesn't have a credit card...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Better than me. I would have told you to go ahead and report it my credit is shot anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would think your company would just be happy to get the payment. If she's having trouble paying her bills, chances are she doesn't have credit cards anymore....maybe she's too embarrassed to say she's at her limits, or the accounts have been closed. She shouldn't have to explain. Why can't she pay another way?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sadly its none of your buisness. I think a money order would be fine, She should have had the company write her a letter saying they wouldnt take her payment of a money order so when they did come after her she could prove they wouldnt accept payment.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wonder why bill collectors feel a customers personal life is any of their business. I got a call once about a medical bill and while trying to explain that I was out of work at the moment and couldn't pay immediately, the woman on the phone had the nerve to ask me in a snotty voice, "Well, if you don't have a job, how do you support yourself?" I was tempted to tell her I earned my spending money down on the corner but I refrained. She tried to pay you, why does it have to be a credit card?
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The debt must not be very important if you're company is unwilling to accept funds that are guaranteed by the bank. If the company is doing so well that they're willing to refuse payments, perhaps they should just forgive that debt.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Love all these answers. I would have told you to eff off.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010