In need of some ideas for a 14 month old.

My son is 14 months old and wants to get into everything..ALWAYS! I've though about doing some type of crafts or something with him so he can feel like he's helping and be entertained at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do?

Mom2Dano

Asked by Mom2Dano at 1:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Fall crafts....Handprint ghosts, spiders, turkeys
    Spider: half styrafoam ball, black pipe cleaners, paint, wiggle eyes
    Cook...make cupcakes...ants on a log
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• If you are looking to involve him in things you are doing you might try this one. My kids always want to help in the kitchen, as long as you don't mind it taking longer, I would let them do several things. I would cut some lettuce and put it in water, their job was to take it out of the water and put it in the serving dish. As I'd cut the veggies I'd set them aside and they could assemble the rest of the salad while I went about preparing dinner. Or cut potatoes or veggies and have them put them in the pot, obviously before putting it on the stove.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 14 months... PLAY DOH! Just make sure to sit with him and keep him from eating it. Step it up a notch: SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS. You can make it at home with ingredients you already have... it's all-occasion... he can paint them... you seal them and have a keepsake of things he did at this age. They would make unique and personal family gifts.

My boys LOVE these things!!!

(Remember: lots of newspaper and patience, and most important is to have fun! Oh, and have the camera handy!)
    mommyoftwoboys

Answer by mommyoftwoboys at 10:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Great ideas, Ladies! Thank ya'll so very much! BTW, Kimebs, what exactly is a handprint ghost? It sounds cool! LOL
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 11:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I have home made play dough recipes that if he eats it, its OK. Let me know scrappinmama513@aol.com
    threeBoysMommy

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 12:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008