If prayer is so powerful, why havent' the churches come together to pray for the Devil?

First of all, I'm an atheist, raised up in a christain church since age 5. Now... if GOD is the Father of everybody. I don't understand why he would cast the devil out of heaven, here on earth with us. Why hasn't anyone tried to save the devil, and get him back to heaven. God just disowned one of his beautiful angels of music!!!! That's so unfair and hypocritical of a so called FATHER!!!! I wonder what MOTHER has to say about this. lol

Vacia

Asked by Vacia at 1:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's because of Angels there is NO redemption. It's hard to wrap yourself around it, but Angels, because of how they were created, have complete knowledge. They without any doubt knew what those action would caused. They had everything laid out in front of them. For them everything is very black and white.

Where humans, know a lot of things, but we don't know every thing. We may believe what we are doing now is "right" but later are given other knowledge which proves that our original thinking was/is flawed, thus.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am answering this thinking you are truly serious.

God is did just decided one day to cas the devil from heaven. The devil desired to be above all - including the Creator. Because of this the devil was cast from heaven. His punishment is listed in Genesis 3:14-16. in Genesis 3:1-6, it shows how crafty satan is. I don't believe it is a matter of why anyone has tried to save Satan. He knows the way to "be saved" and refuses it. Satan is the father of lies ... decietfulness ...

Hypocritical? Let's say you have a rule that your children can not hit each other and one of your children hit's the other child. You impose punishment. Because your child is disobedient, you punish your child. The same way - the difference is the devil is taking lives of others.

I hoped I explained it well enough for you. Other good scripture reading is: 2 Cor 4:4 and Rev 20:10
    ashkyef3

Answer by ashkyef3 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Prayer doesn't work for those that do not wish to be saved. Being saved is a choice each and everyone of us makes. God can not impose on free will he can only place a thought into your head just as the devil can. Its up to you to do w/ that thought as you will. I wish more ppl could believe. I once thought I was athiest but its was because I was mad at god. Mad for letting so many bad things happen to me and so many other ppl. Then something happened and I understood god could not control what happened he tried to tell me to leave but I chose to stay and tried protecting my friend. And because of that the devil won. When all of us believers get taken unto heaven you will have a 2nd chance to choose a side. Hopefully you'll be strong enough to be saved by god.
    o0gone0o

Answer by o0gone0o at 2:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• if we didn't have the devil then we wouldn't be here in the first place and there would be no adversary to get us into trouble here on earth. it's us on probation proving to heavenly father that we are his children and that we love and want to be with him. with out the bad we wouldn't know any better about choosing right from wrong cause there wouldn't be right from wrong. it was all part of his plan and he knew that Lucifer was this way in his heart.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I can't quote you specific Bible verses, and even if I could, I wouldn't. You say that you grew up in a Christian home, you should know. I can only tell you that for me life without faith and prayer would be a dark existence, too dark to bare. Prayer has seen me through the death of my sister, my father and my son's multiple surgeries, and my husband's horrible accident. I don't know where I would be without my faith. To lay blame at the feet of God for all that goes wrong in our lives is unfair, especially when we deny Him credit for all that is good.

As for Satan, he chose to remove himself from Grace. God gave us all the gift (or curse) of free will it's up to us to make our choices.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 3:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thanx ladies!!! I'm still gettin input from both sides ( christains & non-christians) Becuz just like you all have been giving me scripture, I have to checkout, proofs with atheist! 

Vacia

Answer by Vacia at 3:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Even though I am not Christian I found this all very interesting and informative and I whole-heartedly agree with this statement that o0gone0o said "Prayer doesn't work for those that do not wish to be saved."

seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• HA! I love it!!! That is free thinking at it's best, and really damn good question!! Made my day. AND...if you think about it, there are "prayer-like" groups for those that worship the Devil, they just aren't about praying for salvation...perhaps more on the lines of summoning absolute power. Whatever. I call all that garbage the "Santa Effect" - i.e. If you believe in Santa hard enough when you're a kid, you SWEAR you can hear his foot-steps on the roof, or his sleigh in the sky...Religion is like Santa for adults. That one's going to get me in trouble....
    PotatoMama

Answer by PotatoMama at 4:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• all i have to say is i never thought about it
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I agree with many of the above, especially ashkyef. Basically Satan has committed the unforgivable sin - he has blasphemed the Holy Spirit. He can never be saved or enter heaven's gates, nor will he ever want to.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 5:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008