Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

my brother was sent to group home ( mandated by court) i dont know his name and neither does my brother.

Who can I call to get this info? I cant get any info from the group home or mental hospital because im not his parent. I really need to find out how to get this info because im trying to get my brother to be released in my custody. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Answer Question

Asked by suzzanna at 2:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 19 (7,362 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • What name don't you know? I'm confused.

    Answer by Cindy18 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Let me get this straight. You are trying to get custody of a sibling that you don't know the name of? That isn't going to be easy.

    Answer by coala at 2:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • it was a mistake i mean "the judge name"

    Comment by suzzanna (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • i have tried to change the title of post but it wont let me change. so for the record i meant to say JUDGE NAME not my brothers. sorry for any confusion

    Comment by suzzanna (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Search for the court case online. Most of the time you can see the case and the judge assigned. Go to your local court systmes website. Then try calling the court and see what direction they can give you.

    Answer by jillybean703 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I agree with Suzzanna. You should be able to find out online (if your district has that option). I don't know that you need the judge's name as much as you will need the case number assigned. If you can get the case number, you should be able to get the judges name. Not only that, you will need the case number when you file a petition with the court for a custody change.

    Answer by laffin4fun at 8:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • You don't necessarily need the judge's name. What you need is a lawyer.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Perhaps these people can help you. 


    Answer by musicmom08 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Search the court dockets for your state using your brother's name.

    Answer by lovinangels at 10:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Hire a lawyer to help you out with some of the details.

    Answer by pnwmom at 1:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.